ITINERARY – Click on the destinations below to view detailed itineraries for each day
• Depart between 8 – 9 am from Cape Town. You can either come in a day early and we will pick you up from your accommodation or we will collect you from the airport if you take an early flight on the day.
• Travel east via the breathtaking Clarens Drive
• Visit Stony Point Penguin colony
• Lunch in Hermanus
• Explore the beautiful Walker Bay by Sea kayak in Hermanus. 2 hours
• Stop at Rotary Way viewpoint
• Sundowners at Cape Agulhas, southernmost tip of the African continent
• Sleep at Cape Agulhas Backpackers
• Travel towards Mossel Bay mainly via the N2
• Glide down the world’s longest over-ocean zipline in Mossel Bay
• Lunch in Victoria Bay
• Afternoon beach chill session at Mayoli Beach. Think music, frisbees, beach volleyball, sun block and beverages.
• Sleep at AfroVibe Beach Lodge, Mayoli Beach, Sedgefield
• Travel to Plettenberg Bay. Hike at Robberg Nature Reserve. 3 hours
• Lunch in Plettenberg Bay
• Optional afternoon activities in Craggs. Snake sanctuary, Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary.
• Time to relax or go for a sunset beach chill at Nature’s Valley.
• Sleep at The Rainforest Ridge, The Crags near Plettenberg Bay
• We go for a swimming session with Cape Fur Seals. 2 hours
• Skydiving optional
• Lunch at Pepper Mill Restaurant in the Crags.
• Hike Salt River Mouth. 2 hours
• Afternoon games including boules tournament at Rocky Road
• Sleep at The Rainforest Ridge
• Canyoning adventure down the Salt River at Africanyon. 4 hours.
• Lunch TBD
• Travel to Jeffreys Bay. After check-in go for afternoon surf lesson
• Let’s braai for dinner.
• Sleep at Island Vibe Adventure Lodge – Jeffreys Bay
• Breakfast on your own time and for your own account at hostel
• Free morning: Choose surfing, skydiving, horse riding on the beach, shopping at local surf brand outlet stores! Alternatively sleep late and hang out on the beach 🙂
• Afternoon waterfall mission (check if braai is possible).
• Optional sandboarding
• Dinner at Nina’s – Night on the town
• Sleep at Island Vibe
• Breakfast on your own time and for your own account at hostel
• Optional activities – Jump the highest bridge bungy in the world or go ziplining over waterfalls.
• Boat trip in Knysna with stand up paddleboarding and snorkeling activities included. We also braai on the boat with a glass of bubbly to celebrate our trip
• After boat trip we continue onto Wilderness
Sleep in Wilderness
• Our morning activity is paragliding
• Optional – Canoe on Touws River and hike to waterfalls
• After lunch we make the long track back toward Cape Town. You also have the option to fly out from George that afternoon if you don’t want to return to Cape Town
• Cry yourself to sleep – the trip of a lifetime is over
Please select your start date on the calendar when booking your tour. We require a 35% deposit on confirmation of booking, we’ll be in touch for the total amount. The remaining balance is due 14 days before your departure date.
If you are a group of 5 or more and have different departure dates in mind, please get in touch with us and we’ll do our best to get you on the road with your friends!
If you have a smaller budget and just want to come along for the ride contact us and inquire about doing the whole trip minus the included activities.
Upcoming trip dates:
16 November – 23 November, 2020
27 November – 04 December, 2020
Trip direction: Cape Town to Jeffreys Bay to Cape Town (alternative end destination would be George Airport
|Included in trip prices:|
Prices do not include:
INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE:
Zipline Mossel Bay – Longest zipline over the ocean in the world!
Welcome to Mossel Bay Zipline – the longest over-the-ocean zip line in the world! Seriously. We checked. Spanning approximately 1100 meters in length (and reaching up to 90km/h, our zip line lets you glide over the bay for an adrenaline fueled experience.
Get a bird’s eye view of the caves below, look out for the local sharks and seals below or simply take in the beauty of this incredible natural landscape from a unique viewpoint that tops any other!
Swim with Cape Fur Seals!!
Swimming with seals in Plettenberg Bay will probably be one of the coolest things you’ll ever do! We depart from central beach, where you step aboard “Robberg Express” for an exciting beach launch. From there we make our way towards Robberg Nature Reserve and Marine Protected Area, home to approximately 6000 Cape Fur Seals. Here you hop into the water, accompanied by a qualified divemaster, to enjoy 30 minutes of amazing animal interaction among bundles of playful inquisitive fur seals. The ultimate wild animal encounter in their natural environment, without having to alter their behaviour.
Canyoning or Kloofing
This trip includes a number of Abseil or Rappel points in and around waterfalls, optional jumps as well as AfriCanyon’s unique rock pool zip-line. A dynamic adventure packed with fun in between. The Standard Trip option takes approximately 4hrs depending on group size.
Surfing and Surfing Lessons
South Africa is a surf mecca! There are a few breaks en-route and whether you choose to travel with your own board or hire on the spot we will be sure to catch some waves. Surfing lessons are professionally set up to teach you all you need to know to get you on your way. It’s an unforgettable experience with guaranteed fun… and where better to learn to surf than the world-renowned Jeffreys Bay! If you have some experience we can arrange for the next level lessons.
Paragliding and Tandem Paragliding
Cape Town is one of the most spectacular places in the world to paraglide with astonishing views of Lion’s Head, Table Mountain and the Cape Town area. However, there are many other excellent flying sites all along the Cape coast including Signal Hill, Sir Lowry’s Pass, Franschhoek, Hermanus and all the way down to Wilderness and Sedgefield. Tandem paragliding instructional flights are a great way of getting into paragliding or just experiencing the joy of free flight.
Stony Point Penguin Colony
Located in the quaint coastal town of Betty’s Bay in the Overberg, the Stony Point Nature Reserve is home to a unique colony of African Penguins. Stony Point offers you the chance to see these wonderful flightless birds up close, via the boardwalk through the colony, which allows you to observe the penguins go about their daily activities in their natural habitat, without disturbing or disrupting them.
Guided Walks and Hikes
Throughout our trip there are beautiful walks, hikes and mountain treks you can explore. The Robberg Hiking Trail is probably one of the most popular and well known trails in the area and also one of the most scenic. The route is a circular trail along the Robberg peninsula with two shorter variations available ranging from easy to moderate. We will also Salt River Mouth as part of the tour but there are many more mountain trails, shopping malls, romantic walks on endless white sand beaches… the list goes on. If you talk the walk talk, your feet will stay busy every step of the way 🙂
Stand Up Paddleboarding
Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) is still a relatively young sport and gaining participants with great momentum. Learn to SUP with easy, progressive and fun SUP lessons in Jeffreys Bay or on the lagoon in Knysna. You will learn how to safely SUP in waves in the shallow beach break on Dolphin Beach, an internationally recognized ideal spot for learning Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Surfing.
Explore the magic of this unique coastline with its abundant marine life up close and personal in a stable kayak in the company of an experienced guide. Glide across sparkling water while enjoying a view of the majestic mountain, sea cliffs and marine life.
After a thorough briefing on kayaking techniques and safety we paddle from the historical Old Harbour and do a round trip, the direction depends on winds, swells and paddling abilities. A knowledgeable guide shall open up the wonders of our ocean to you, as we explore the beautiful natural surroundings.
Adventure Boat Cruise – Knysna Lagoon and Knysna Heads
The perfect combination of sightseeing and fun. We venture out for a magical sail on the Knysna Lagoon, navigate the famous Knysna Heads and explore the spectacular scenery and marine and bird life of the Indian Ocean. On our return, we drop anchor, light a fire for a good old South African braai on the water. We have two stand up paddle boards onboard, snorkels and goggles, and two fishing rods, which we trawl with while sailing.
• Two glasses of local bubbly per adult
• Braai with 200g meat and two side dishes
• Cash bar on board
• 2 stand up paddle boards (SUPS), 2 fishing rods, snorkels and goggles
3HR 30MIN – DAY CRUISE WITH BRAAI, SUPS, FISHING, SAILING AND SWIMMING
Bloukrans Bungy Jump – 216 metres (World’s Highest Bridge Bungy)
The Bloukrans Bungy Jump is the world’s highest commercial bungy bridge. It is also the highest commercial natural bungy jump in the world. 216 metres (709ft) above the Bloukrans River – ENOUGH SAID!
Bloukrans Bridge Walk
Journey out onto the bridge with the jumpers to witness the spectacle up close and personal. If you don’t want to bungy you can join the jump group on the top of the bridge arch and give your friends that extra bit of support. The experience of being on the walkway is quite spectacular, with a stunning view of the mouth of the Bloukrans River as it flows into the sea.On the top of the arch, you will get to witness the workings of the world’s highest commercial bungy jump bridge.
Waterfall zip-lining Tours
What makes the Tsitsikamma “Waterfall Zipline Tour” unique is that you have the opportunity to safely slide on a zip line across three beautiful waterfalls surrounded by indigenous trees and plants. This eco-adventure is sure to give you an adrenaline rush, zigzagging across the Kruis River with the wind in your face and the whistle of the pulley on the cable. There are eight slides, of which the longest is 211m, as high as 50 metres (164ft) above the water in some places. Each section presents its own surprises, adventure, wonders and beautiful views.
No reason for a long face if you are a horse riding fanatic. Again you’ll have different terrain to choose from and but one of the favorites would be riding on the beach in Jeffreys Bay.
Sandboarding is a very fun adventure sport! All it takes to sandboard is a positive attitude, a board strapped to your feet after a few basic instructions and you will be blasting down a sand dune in no time at all. It’s a board sport similar to snowboarding but takes place in desert areas or coastal areas with beach dunes. You’ll have a few opportunities to rip down some beach dunes in South Africa.
Skydiving and Tandem Skydiving Jumps
Experience free-fall over one of the most scenic drop zones in the world. Start the experience with a short briefing, then enjoy a 20 minute plane flight to 10,000 feet, over the Knysna forests and Plettenberg Bay coastline. The leisurely, scenic plane flight comes to an end and the adrenaline starts to pump as you exit the plane with your Tandem Master and experience the rush of a 35 second free fall at 200km/h!
If you would like to master the art of Kiteboarding why not go for some lessons in this exhilarating and still fast growing sport. If you are already a master, travel with your own gear or rent some for a rip.
Monkeyland and Birds of Eden
The World’s first free-roaming multi-specie primate sanctuary. Monkeyland offers monkey safaris where you can view the primates in their forest home. Right next door you can visit Birds of Eden, the World’s largest free-flight bird aviary (50metres [164ft] high, covering 23 000 square meters of forest). Birds of Eden houses more than 3,500 specimens of more than 280 species, with the main focus being African birds. The dome covers 2 km of boardwalks. Choose one or combine both experiences.